7mm MAG ?

THANKS GUYS THIS WILL GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH.ONE LAST QUESTION, I HAVE BEEN USING R-22 WITH THE 139gr SST WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT FOR THE 162gr ?

THANK YOU JAY AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS GIVEN ME HELP!! TRYING TO GET BEYOND 400yds CONSISTENTLY IS VIRGIN TERRITORY TO ME AND ALL OF THE HELP YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN IS GREATLY
APPRECIATED.IF ANY OF YOU ARE IN MY PART OF THE COUNTRY LOOK ME UP I HAVE LONG RANGE HUNTING OPPERTUNITIES.

SS,

If you're looking for something close to RL-22, You might try WXR stick powder from Winchester. My short mag likes 66.0 grns of it with a 162 SST. BM

Sorry Len I am illiterate when it comes to typing,I am just starting to type with more than 2 fingers. When I write I print and I print in all capital letters so it's going to be a hard habit to break , so if I back slide just remind me. Who knows I may learn to type yet.
grin.gif

Sometimes it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks

[ 07-10-2003: Message edited by: SHARPSSHOOTER ]

Hello Sharpshooter, maybe we can get together some time & spot for each other since I'm in the area. I too am trying to extend my range. E-mail me & let me know. Later, Ceejack2.

You could try RL25 with those 162's as well, I worked up a load with that going 2900 fps with a 24" barrel for a friend of mine. They shot real well out of his factory Remington.

I like 72 grs. RL 25 with 162 gr Hor. A-Max
with large rifle primers fed 210 3000,3050 muzzle vel. shoots 1/2" or under @ 100 yds. just about shot the barrel out of this one thinking about a 6.5 wsm.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts