7mm Mag?

kc

Some of you like the 300mag, and some love the the 7MM Mag.
If I change the Barrel on the new 7mag to a big honking
McMillen A5 stock, should I go to the 300 Mag and use the 7 mag a bean field rifle,I love the 7mag or should keep the option to the 300mag.?

What is your opinion? chang to a .300 Mag or keep the 7mag?
This is a b-euty

PS tomorow we will be eating Venison, get back with me.

either one will kill any animal in this country with the right setup, bullet selection, optics, shot placement, etc and they both have good distance to them, i have both and prefer the 300 but the 7mm is a great round, so its all in your prefference.

It depends on Distance and Size of game. I hunt elk so I opted for the bigger bullets of the 300 WM and the added energy for the long shots.

Jeff

I prefer the 7mm. I have several right now. A good friend of mine prefers the 300. We both have shot several deer and several elk with them at varying ranges out past 700 yards. Every animal either of us has squeezed the trigger on is very much dead and could not tell the difference between the 2. I can say if it were me I would go with the 7mm but you cant go wrong with either one.

7MM has a much better BC than the 30 cal. If you really look at ballistic charts you will see it is very hard to beat a 7mm mag at long range.

If the 7mm shoots good keep it. If it doesn't and this is your primary hunting rifle then upgrade to a larger caliber for hunting. If you have a larger caliber for hunting already then just pick one and run with it. I have fun shooting every caliber. But if it is your only hunting rifle your odds of success go up as you caliber increases.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.