7mm BR

findangle3

I was looking at getting an xp 100 in a 7mm BR and I was curious what the range is on this cartridge before it starts dropping like a rock? Any info or first hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Critters or steel?
You can shoot a lot further on steel than you can on deer.
The 7BR is around 250-300 yard deer rig IMO.
With an XP you can rebarrel, then, the sky is the limit.
Well, little bit of an overstatement, but you can be competitive with many rifles.

the yardage mentioned by Ernie is realistic. 7br puts out a 140g bullet @ 2200fps. IHMSA issued some in 7-08 and 7IHMSA rechamberings. these have a little more oomph. Cabela's.com and gunbroker are places to look. The cabelas store in UT had one in the gun library last time I was in there.
contrary to the beliefs of some who offer XP-100s for sale, they are NOT extremely "rare" items. Use patience. I have picked up serveral in 2010 at $650 or so. These were all in the various 7mm chamberings in the open regional and national market. Stock 7BR XPs are NOT worth $800.

factory 7BR XP100 will be mild recoiling. It will shoot at one MOA. I have seen many that will do half of that. 250yd on deer, amuc farther on targets.

Thanks for the info guys...I was just a bit curious about this cartridge and the xp in general. Thanks for the help!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.