7MM at 2770 fps with 168 grain berger?

easily to 800. with that combo you have 1149 foot pounds still traveling 1755fps at 800. Now you will need 19.86 minutes to get there in your scope. Shouldn't be a problem with most scopes.

WOW only 2770! Did you just stop at your starting load? The faster I pushed the Bergers the better. I stopped when I hit 3071 FPS at the edge of pressure. I suppose those loads have a very tame recoil to them. Good Luck!

Yep, 2850-3000fps shold be quite doable and still give you great accuracy depending on your set up. The berger's seem to really like to be pushed with their long profile.

Remember rate of spin is a function not only of barrel twist rate, but also of muzzle velocity and the longer bullets stabilize best at higher RPM's.

On deer though you have more than enough energy at 800yds to get the job done.

Just my input, 168 Berger,3050fps. Good to 1000yrds. Ive found that 2950 to3100 is a sweet spot for the 7mm rem mag. All rifles are different, I know, but all 7mm I've seen like the velocity stated above. If your rifle likes it,shoot it! Hope this helps.

DT

One of my 7mm has a 24in barrel. 71grn of H-1000,CCI250 primer, Winchester brass should get you close to 3000. 26 in barrel is over 3000. Another load that I found that a 7mag likes is 64grn of IMR 4350,same everything else. In my 24in barrel it's veryaccurate. No pressure sign either. Hope this helps.

DT

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts