7mm AM

yea good point. i talked breifly with him by email because i was originally interested in the 6.5 AM or the 257 AM and he thought that the 7MM AM would prob be the best choice. so while i have been waiting for a response i figured i would put out some questions on here and see what everyone elses thoughts were. what i want is something i can take and blow up milk jugs at 1000-1500 yds and something also that is devistating on big game. i shoot have a 7MM abolt so i do have a lot of 7MM bullets that i can play with on reloading but i dont shoot anything out of that gun over 165.

The 7mm AM will do this with a 160 accubond loaded rather mildly
1350.jpg

wanna shoot a long ways, load up the 200 gr wildcats, you won't regret buying a 7mm AM
RR

yea my wby accumark has a 26 inch barrel with and i have the trigger set at 1.9 lbs. at 100 yds all three shots are touching. i am shooting the 210 berger vld with 98 grains of h1000 and fed 215m primmers. they are shooting 2905 fps

I would think you could get quite a bit more MV out of your 30-378 Wby than 2905fps. My accuracy load is 2915 fps in my 300 Win Mag with a 25 1/2" Lilja barrel. I can shoot them up to 2960 fps but accuracy seems better at 2915. No criticism intended. Just an observation. Perhaps you're accuracy is best at 2905...

my chronograph might be not accurate. the max load i can load up with that 210 berger is 102 grains of H1000 so I have room to move up but it just seems like the gun groups better at that load. now i have some 180 Accubonds loaded up with 118 grains of H50BMG and there going 3495 but they seem to destroy the meat pretty bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.