7mm Accubond long range bullets

Corvalliscory

I'm shooting a savage 7mm mag with the 1 in 9.5 twist 24in barrel and was wondering if you guys think the new accubond long range 150gr or 168gr bullets will shoot better with that twist? I'm guessing 150gr would probably shoot better, but not sure. Loading with RL19 most likely. Also are any available yet or will they be soon? Everywhere i've seen, they're out of stock for the 7mm. Pm me if needed. Thanks!

You should be fine with the 168's.

I have shot Berger 180 VLD's out of my A-Bolt II with a 9.5 twist barrel, and they shot fine.

However, every gun is different...I hope they work out for you. Theoretically they should be just fine, but every gun is different.

You might also want to look into H1000 powder, it's really temp stable.

okay thanks for the quick response. I was just thinking rl-19 because it's shot good in this gun before, I have 2.5lbs of it and it seems to usually be a great powder for the 7mm's.

I have used R22 in my 7mm Rem Mag. I was getting about 3080 Fps and had a super tight group on Berger 168. I have had the best success with Retumbo powder but it seems next to impossible to get right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.