7mm/375 ruger build

Just did some online research and looks like it is standard magnum boltface.

Moom do you have any pictures of your rifle that Gunwerks put together?

Would also if possible love to see a picture of a loaded cartridge.

Thanks

Jon

I will get some pics of the rifle and the first group shot at 200yds. After shoot and clean 8X the next five shots were remarkable. The first 2 were right on the center line about 1/2" apart 5 3/4" high. I clicked my good ole scope down 12 and the next 2 were touching in the black diamond and the third opened it up to .605" for the first load test at 200 yds. I still can't get the smile off my face. Velocities were 3123-3140 for the 5 at 73.0grs. of H1000, Berger 180vld, .010" off the lands. Did I mention it was windy! Kudos to Stiller, Broughton, Jewell, and my perfect Devcon bedding job in a Greybull Precision stock. I have to give Mike and Arron at Gunwerks a MILLION thumbs up for their chambering and finish work too on the 7LRM.

Sounds very promising Moom.

Yes look forward to the pics when you get chance.

Thanks

Jon

I have a factory tubed 7mm Rem. Mag that can do that too with the 168VLD's going 3020, but it took about 300 rounds with all kinds of bullets, primers, and powder combos to get it right. This is my first custom build with it's first group! I can't believe I waited so long to take the plunge.

update! still in the process. went with a perfect Defiance Machine action and sunny hill bottom metal, mcmillan A3 stock. slow process but am excited about it. I had second thoughts about the caliber, thought about 7-378w but havent changed yet. gonna stay ruger. thought about another build, 257-375ruger, thoughts???? i also need scope inputs. NF,SB, swaro, loupold, zeiss?

update! still in the process. went with a perfect Defiance Machine action and sunny hill bottom metal, mcmillan A3 stock. slow process but am excited about it. I had second thoughts about the caliber, thought about 7-378w but havent changed yet. gonna stay ruger. thought about another build, 257-375ruger, thoughts???? i also need scope inputs. NF,SB, swaro, loupold, zeiss?

If you can afford S&B, I would got that route or US Optics. Premiere, and Hendsolt should get a look also. Kahles just came out with a new one that looks like it is a pretty serious scope. Here are some pretty good reviews on optics. Mike knows what he is talking about! SHOT SHOW

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts