7mm 195 Berger in the wind

BUSTINDOGS

This bullet really seems to buck the wind, on two seperate shooting trips I have not needed nearly the amount of correction I thought I would need. I use Strelok pro for my ballistics calculator and first trip to the range I was doing a latter test at 600 yards with about a 15 mph wind right to left and I had to dial 1.5 moa to center up on the paper. my strelok says I should have needed 3.2 moa. didn't think anything of it as there is a big berm running along the right side of the range and it makes for funny wind calls. next trip out wind is left to right at between 6-8 mph the left side of the range is a wide open soy bean field and I can see the bean leaves blowing around pretty good. so now with load data done and my rifle zeroed I dial my drop and my wind which called for 2.2 moa left first shot was left off the steel... what the heck, took the wind out of the scope held center mass and the next shot was about 3" right of center mass. Wind is a tricky thing but has anyone else noticed that they are needing less correction for wind. I can tell you that when I shoot my 6.5-284 with 140 smk's I usually need to give it another click or 2 or 3 for wind which usually works out about right.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.