7mm 175g eldx?

zr600

how are these bullets are they consistent and work good on all big game From deer to elk to moose? I'm thinking about trying them in a 7mag excuse they are almost half the price of bergers and lrab. Are they a good bullet for this or are the other two mentioned better for accuracy and game use? I'm also thinking about the seirra 165 game changers too. Any advice on these bullets would be great.

If I were you I would look into the twist of your rifle. This is a fairly long for caliber bullet(1.567) which would require a 1/8.5 twist to full stabalize and get the full 1,5 SG so your bullet's BC isn't compromised . Something that really shows up at longer range. Most 7mm Rem mags, I believe, come from the factory with a 9.25 twist.

I have experience with the 175s out to 510 yards through a friend of mine's 7 rem mag muzzle velocity of 2890fps. I've seen a couple dozen deer fall to that load. Always expanded and got a pass through on 90% of those.

For a while I was shooting the ELDx in two separate 7mms. One a 7mm wsm (162) the other a 7mm RUM(175). I've killed probably 50 deer with those bullets in those two guns. I have yet to have one get away. I find that the ELDx expands all the way down to its suggested 1800 FPS mark and even at impact velocity's of 3000fps+ it gets adequate penetration to kill white tails. When I am trying to kill things I shoot ELDx. When I am trying to shoot tiny groups to **** off my creedmoor shooting friends, I stuff a 180 Berger in the WSM and watch as their feelings get hurt. For whatever reason the ELDx's are a .6-.75 moa in my wsm. The bergers are .3-.4 moa. But I have had bergers fail to expand on game at extended ranges.

Last edited:
I ve been using them out of my 28 nosler for the last 2 years they are doing 3180 at the muzzle. I have shot 8 big game animals with 8 shots, the farthest being a bull elk which took 1 step and dropped dead at 462 yards and the closest being a mule deer at about 100 yards. Ive used them on 2 mule deer, a white tail, a moose, an elk and a few black bears. I am happy with their performance I have only recovered one which was from the elk and it broke both front shoulders and was recovered against the hide on the far side.

from a bull elk a buddy of mine shot. copy and pasted from a different forum. I have not shot them personally, and after talking with him and seeing this, I doubt I personally would use them on anything big.

338" 230gr ELDx @ 2160 fps impact, penetrated 8 inches maybe, failing to enter the rib cage after punching through the scapula. Hornady fooled me once. This is not an large game projectile

GkweU4U.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.