7mm 168 vld

justramit

Hey guys,

I want to try reloading some of the 168 vld for my 7mm mag. Was wondering what kinda recipes you guys had for reloader 22 and retumbo. Also what primers are you guys using mags? or BR primers. What about seating depth on these. I just bought a rem 700 police I would like to load for.

I can't help you with some of the particulars you asked about however if you want a full spread of loading data (min and max) for several different powders email Walt Berger at [email protected].

Walt is putting our loading manaul together and can provide with the data quickly.

It is important to keep in mind that each of the components you mention will perform differently from lot to lot. Pet loads can be a good start but you can tune your rifle (tweak the charge up and down) for best results since it is unlikely that one load will work best in many rifles. This also depends on the level of precision you are want. If the recommended pet load gets you there then your good.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
Berger Bullets

Hey guys,

I want to try reloading some of the 168 vld for my 7mm mag. Was wondering what kinda recipes you guys had for reloader 22 and retumbo. Also what primers are you guys using mags? or BR primers. What about seating depth on these. I just bought a rem 700 police I would like to load for.

I am shooting a Rem. 700 Sendero, 26 in SS fluted, Jewell trigger @ 2lbs, recrowned barrel, polished action. NF 3.5-15x56 2DD reticle

I use 71 grains of Retumbo with the 168 VLD and avg. 3140fps at 4995 ft. I use the CCI LG rifle magnum primer, win. cases, set .010 off the lands.

470118-big.JPG

Last edited:
I have 2 custom 7mmRMs, Heres the 168VLD loads for them-

Win brass
168VLD jammed into the lands
71.5grns Retumbo
Fed215m
Gets me 3100FPS via 28" tube.

Win brass
168VLD Jammed into the lands
64.5 RL19
Fed 215m
Gets me 3050FPS via 28" tube

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.