7mm 140 Accubond??

wapiti13

Has anyone out there used this little brother to the 160? The smaller cases would push the 140 faster. Any experience with actual results on game with the 140 would be helpful. Thanks.

Wapiti13,

I have tested this one in the 280 AI at around 3200 fps and in my 7mm Allen Mag at just under 3800 fps in a 26" pipe. In both cases it shot very well, sub 1/2 moa easily.

In the 280 AI class rounds I would use this bullet on game up to elk size critters as long as range was not overly long and you made good shot placement.

FOr deer size game it would be hard to beat this bullet.

In the 7mm AM, its a little light for this velocity in my opinion but for deer and pronghorns it would be like a lightening bolt from the heavens!!!

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks 50, it is always good to see other people's results before using a new bullet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have a box of Federal 7mm-08 loaded with the 140 accubonds for a Win 70 youth ranger that I plan to hunt with through iron sights only this year. My buddy shoots them through his 7mm Weatherby and he says there is no better. We'll see.

Hi Kirby,

Can you share the load you are using for the 140 gr AB in the 280 AI?
I have 280 AI on a M700 action that has been blueprinted and a Hart 24" #5 flutted barrel. I have found my load with the 160 gr AB and 62.0 grs of RL22. It shoots in the .2's at 100 yds if I do my part. As for the 140 gr AB's, 64.0 grs of RL22 is shooting in the .5-.6" area, not bad BUT I am trying to find a load that will shoot similar to the 160 gr AB. I am planning on using the 160 gr AB for WT Deer unless I "find" the right load for the 140 gr AB's.
I hope that no one feels that I am hijacking the thread, I think that the 140 gr AB would be excellent for WT Deer.

Regards,

JD338

I shot them last year out of my 7mm STW. I never had a bullet stay in a deer even with a shot on a doe at 50 yards. I was shooting them at 3420fps. I shot 5 deer with them and I have no complaints. I might even use them for Elk this year since my Burris just took a crap on my 300 win and by the time I get it back it will be only about a week or two before I go elk hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.