7mm-08 or 30.06 for Moose?

You guys will find this funny...

I talked to the guide yesterday and he said anything from a .30-.30 on up is fine, "use em all the time on moose".

Think I will take the 30.06 based on the suggestions and use Sierra 180 grain pro hunters.

I worked with a guy that shot a moose every year in Canada. He used a Savage 99 chambered in .308. But on the otherhand he always shot a yunger moose as he was after the meat. Yet later I worked with another guy that was from a little north of Ottawa, Ontario. He went moose hunting every year with his brother, and gather he was fairly good at it. Well he and his brother setup camp with two large walled tents a couple days before the season opened. They had this bonfire going out in front of the tents, when his brother produced this new moose call. They were laughing about it, and blowing it. When all of a sudden they heard this crashing and banging from behind the tents. Out pops a big bull moose that looked like a very ugly Kenworth. When he got done, he had completely destroyed all their tents and everything they'd brought with them (including two rifles!) while they ran for rtheir lives. Earl told that one on himself!
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.