7mm-08 loads

CFE223 and Speer 130 BTSP's very accurate and have worked great on a few black bears so far for me (Kimber Ascent 7-08/Swarovski 3.5-18x44BT)

What velocities are you getting out of your tikkas
My wife's old T3 with 162 eldx and 4166 is in the neighborhood of 2635
My superlite with 162 eldm and 8202 is around 2690. Hoping to try another node with a little more velocity this winter.

A bullet you don't hear much about is the 145 Speer SBT. I have used it for years in my 7/08 with great results. At the velocities generated by the 7/08 it works great as well as being a very well priced bullet. Don't be afraid to try it. JMO

I use the 6.5 Staball in mine. I run a hotter load on the 168 ABLR than the 162ELDX. It was something I did not put a lot of time into cause I wanted them to fit into the mag.. But the 168 are really close to 2700. I will be switching to the 150 grains cause I think this is going to be the best for case capacity, speed, mag length, BC, and every thing else, If not wanting to put them in the mag and single feed then the 162's and 168s are great. As for the loaded box ammo the 139's shoot like 1/2 MOA are better in my gun. Plenty for a deer but I think they are light for an elk when considering longer ranges. A while back I was asking some of the same questions. Someone had some load data for the 150eldx that was outstanding for velocity and accuracy but finding the correct powder was the issue so I suck with the 6.5 Staball.

I use the 6.5 Staball in mine. I run a hotter load on the 168 ABLR than the 162ELDX. It was something I did not put a lot of time into cause I wanted them to fit into the mag.. But the 168 are really close to 2700. I will be switching to the 150 grains cause I think this is going to be the best for case capacity, speed, mag length, BC, and every thing else, If not wanting to put them in the mag and single feed then the 162's and 168s are great. As for the loaded box ammo the 139's shoot like 1/2 MOA are better in my gun. Plenty for a deer but I think they are light for an elk when considering longer ranges. A while back I was asking some of the same questions. Someone had some load data for the 150eldx that was outstanding for velocity and accuracy but finding the correct powder was the issue so I suck with the 6.5 Staball.
H414 seems to fare well in my 7-08.
47.0 got me 2750fps for the 150ELDX. Hornady Book calls for 48.3 max. I loaded 10 at 48.0 to see how they do on target the next time I'm at the bench.

So if you look up my post I guess from last year on the 7mm-08 I asked specifics. Like
Bullet....
Powder.....
Charge weight,,,
Primer....
Brass type....
seated over all length....
Velocity....
Group size...

I got some good results from the guys/girls here. You could also through in bullet performance on game if anyone wanted to share also. I'll put in my exact data in a few. We are going to grab a bite and wife is calling☺️