7mm-08, 150MK, RE15= excellent!

jcpython357

Hello, Just concluded my test with 105MKs and RE15 with my Rem. S/S 708 W/HS sporter stock,(Nonbedded), Lupy 3.5-10X, Rem. primers and brass(new), loaded 38 and 39grs. of RE15, bullets .010" off the lands for an OAL of 2.800", both giving excellent accuracy with about the same size group, .401" for the 38 and .426" for the 39grs.(5 shots), needless to say, I'm quite impressed with the MKs and RE15, tried 39.5 and 40.5grs. of Varget, which works really well with 150gr Nosler, but didn't care to work with the MKs, maybe a hotter load would've worked better, but since RE15 showed it mettle, I don't see the point in messin' around with Varget any further. Hope to try this load on Whitetails soon,(Will go with the 39grs. for a little more velocity) and will post my results when the time comes. Are any other 708 fans out there getting similar results with MKs or the Nosler's? Jay

Hey, Jay thanks for the info on the MKs in the 7-08. I have been meaning to try the 150s I picked up, but work has not given me the time to do so. I have had great success with the nosler BTs and varget. I will be sure and keep RL15 in mind. Thanks again and keep us posted on MK proformance on deer.
Hunter700

Jay,
I have never shot RL-15 in the 7mm-08 but do use it in my 308 tactical rifle. Love it, just love it.
Tried Varget last year but gave away what was left of the pound because it just burns dirty compared to Reloader 15.
Also, Reloader does not seem to be temperature sensitive. I loaded up 50 shots last winter and shot a few across the chronograph. Finished shooting up the box 2 weeks ago and chronographed 5 of the last shots. Got the same velocity spread for 100+ degrees as I did for 40 degrees.

[ 07-28-2003: Message edited by: Bruce Gordon ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.