7BR vs 7mm-08

I ended up with an XP 100 rechambered from 7 BR to 7mm-08. I'm glad I got it. I've only shot 3 groups so far at 100 yards but the average is right around 0.65". Took it out deer hunting a couple of times but didn't end up seeing any deer. There is a lot of muzzle jump but it isn't at all painful. I'm loading 140 gr BT's because that is what is on hand but I would like to try some 120 gr BT's. They ought to perform well on deer out as far as I could hit one.

Sambo3006, Ernie, and all others: I just aquired my first XP. My ? is this. In the short barreled pistols chambered for Rifle cartridges, what powders do you find work the best? This is a factory XP-100R in 260 Rem. I will do a lot more searching and reading through the forum. Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

Brian

Sambo3006, Ernie, and all others: I just aquired my first XP. My ? is this. In the short barreled pistols chambered for Rifle cartridges, what powders do you find work the best? This is a factory XP-100R in 260 Rem. I will do a lot more searching and reading through the forum. Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

Brian

H-4350 and Varget should work great.
I typically use the same powders that one would use in a rifle length barrel.
I may lean to ward the next fastest powder the rifle shooters use , but sometimes the same.
For example in 6.5-284's I use H-4350, and Hybrid 100V with 140's and in the 7mm Dakota I use Retumbo with 180's and H-1000 with the 160 class bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.