7BR brass ?

ol mike

Is it a thing of the past ?

What is the best/easiest way to make 7BR brass ?

Can 6br brass be used ?

Thanks Mike

The 6mm BR brass works just fine, and is the easiest way to go for this one right now. The original Remington UBR brass didn't just have small primer pockets, but also extremely thin case walls and more extensive annealing to facilitate the necking down operations. Considerably tougher with conventional 308 Win cases, and the only one out right now that uses small primers is our Lapua "308 Palma" case.

Not a problem at all. I use a tapered expander mandrel and die from Sinclair, and it works great.

Thank you Kevin -i'll pick up 100pc. of the Lapua 6mm brass .

Could you recommend dies for this ?
Never necked up before.

Thanks again -Mike

Ol Mike,

I'm using Redding dies for the reloading right now, but would be just as happy with Forster. Both make a good quality product. For the actual necking, however, I use the special die from Sinclair. It has a universal body, and accepts a variety of expander mandrels (which they also sell), and is used exclusively for this operation. 6mm BR to 7mm BR, 30-06 to 338-06, 221 Fireball to 300 Blackout, whatever, all the same die. Fairly inexpensive and does a great job. The mandrels have a fairly long radius tapered on the front portion, which makes for a very smooth entry into the case. With just a touch of lube, they do a great job and make the process a very easy one.

Put a request on " Accurate Shooter.com" Forum. Someone there always has 7mm BR brass. I just got rid of 175 rem. cases that were used but still usable. :) Once you get good brass, either reformed 6mm br or rem. 7mm br brass they last about forever.

Does anyone have any 7mm benchrest brass for sale. New toy can 't shoot it.have XP-100 itching to try it. Will take even small ammount. have trading material. Oldman 251

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.