772 lb PA Black Bear!

Pdvdh

Yikes! This bear looks as large as some of our Alaskan Brown Bear. Bigger than many Grizzlies.

Pennsylvania man reportedly bags 772-pound black bear | Fox News

"A Pennsylvania man reportedly bagged the largest recorded black bear of the season when he successfully took it down with two shots fired from his deceased father's rifle.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission said the bear shot by Daniel Beavers weighed 772 pounds, The Scranton Times-Tribune reported."

Pa regularly kills bears over 600 LBS. I believe the biggest was a few years back weighing 839 LBS. Unfortunately I think the bear was shot in Pa then the guy claimed he shot it in West Virginia for whatever reason so he doesn't have it anymore. The knock against Pa bears and most eastern bears is that they grow big but their skulls don't. Either way that's an awesome bear. The land I was hunting this year had a 733 pounder killed on it in 05.

The Pa game commission have weighed two bear over 900lbs.One was in the spring.This was from a couple of wardens at an outdooor show.They would not tell where.

Pa regularly kills bears over 600 LBS. I believe the biggest was a few years back weighing 839 LBS. Unfortunately I think the bear was shot in Pa then the guy claimed he shot it in West Virginia for whatever reason so he doesn't have it anymore. The knock against Pa bears and most eastern bears is that they grow big but their skulls don't. Either way that's an awesome bear. The land I was hunting this year had a 733 pounder killed on it in 05.
That 839lb bear now is in the game commission office in Harrisburg Pa.It was taken out of season,but the West Virginia season was open so the guys took down there.The people at the check in station knew they did not have any bears that big so they got the hunter to talk

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.