74 year old Mom shooting Magpies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LRSickle, Jan 8, 2012.

1. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member

My Mom has some pesky Magpies at her birdfeeder. She says they keep the songbirds away. So for Christmas Lisa and I bought her a scoped .177 pelletgun. That's what she asked for. Here's a picture of my 74 year old Mom shooting at a magpie from the kitchen window. She missed...but!... magpies beware! Next time. I absolutely love my Mom!
    [​IMG]
    Mom grew up on a mink/fox farm in Logan Utah. I can't count the thousands of mink and fox that my twin, my dad and I have skinned around Thanksgiving time each year. Grampa also had beets, potatoes, alfalfa, corn and a dairy. This wonderful woman knew how to work and expected the same from all of us kids. I just thought you guys would love this pic.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Totally Awesome!! Way to go!!

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. elkoholic72

elkoholic72 Well-Known Member

Be careful what you post. Magpies are both federally and state protected. My neighbor turned me in after I shot 14 of them that were harassing my lab pups. I ended up having to place netting over our kennels and almost had to get a lawyer. I hate those birds!!!

Ben.