721 remington action

Bigstrap3

May have a chance to pick one up already truedwith trigger job etc. How does this compare to a remington model 700 ? probly go with a 6.5 something but just curious how they hold up if shot alot with heavy loads. thanks

May have a chance to pick one up already truedwith trigger job etc. How does this compare to a remington model 700 ? probly go with a 6.5 something but just curious how they hold up if shot alot with heavy loads. thanks

It is as good as and possibly maybe even better than the 700 except for the trigger.

I have a 270 Allen Mag (improved 300 RUM necked to 270) on a 721 and she's great. Except for the trigger of course. But then I didn't discover the trigger deficiency until I had a Jewel trigger installed on another build.......

i prefer the 721, as I can usually find older '06 or .270 cal. with bad extractor for a reasonable price. I use the sako extract. anyway, so no big deal. The 721 seems to be "smooooother" also.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.