700p vs 700 sendero

700p? Never heard of that one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I personally would go with the sendero due to eveyone I own shoots at least 1/2 inch groups out of the box with handloads! A few mods like bedding and a crisp trigger will shrink that figure a bit.

700p is the 700 Police... used to be the 700PSS. I have one of each and they are very similar. The main external difference is the stock. The 700p has an HS stock with a very large palm swell compared to the Sendero. The finish on the 700p is some type of black kevlar coating or something like that. Internally I'm not aware of any differences. They both shoot very well in my experience.

Remington does not offer the 300RUM in the 04 catalog. I'm sure there's still a few out there. Probably more Senderos floating around out there though.

Neal

Ok. the P had me confused. I have heard of and seen one of the older PSS models. I should have known. It's not offered in 2005 catalog either! You can more than likely find one somewhere in a gunshop that is calling your name! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I didn't specify... the 700P is not offered in 300RUM in the latest catalog. And yes it is the law enforcement catalog that lists them. They added the 300 SAUM but appear to have quit offering the RUM.

Bullseye,
Look again, the website lists the 700P in 300RUM, do you have a 2005 catalog, if you do, Remington are publishing conflicting information. 300SAUM has been dropped.

Centre Punch.

PS. the law enforcement site says: 2004 Remington inc.

It looks like they are posting two different things. In the website links for rifles they show that they are chambering the 300 RUM, but the actual 2005 catalog (pdf file) does not list the 300 RUM.

I'm guessing the website link is out of date and the catalog is correct.

I was refering to the VSF and the VSSF 2 not being chambered in 300rum. I have the printed catalog that remington sends to the dealers and the only rifles they list chambered in 300rum are BDL, XCR, SPS, and CDL. They list only one in the 300saum and it's the titanium model. Same goes for the 7rum and saum. I forgot to elaborate on what I was saying.

I have been looking for a sendero in 300rum for quite a while now, and remington has stopped making them, I e-mailed them to make sure that what I was hearing was true, but you can get the 700P in 300 rum, I ordered one today.

I also asked them the difference between the two, their response was that both the sendero and the P have the H.S. stock but the P has a tactical stock with larger palm swell, wider fore-end, and bipod swivel. The P also goes through a 21 point inspection for quality and preformance, and have a guaranteed Minute of Angle.

I will say that the response greatly influenced my decision over that rifle and a used Sendero.

Centre Punch
What do mean by nice one? I was only telling what Remington's response was that they sent me. What part was the misleading information?

Bryan,
I think we have a slight misundrestanding, let me put it right. The English term "Nice one" comes from a football (soccer) song called "Nice one Cyril" and refers to the scoring of an excellent goal, hence we use it to describe such things as a good purchase, a good deed, a good report and a good shot etc. Had you just dropped a good buck, i would also say "Nice one Bryan.

The other comment refers to Bulleye's posting about Remingtons differing info in their catalog and on their website, which i should have aimed at Bullseye, my mistake.
No offence was intended.

Centre Punch.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.