700 vtr? triangular barrel

linksmechanic

I seen the new 700 sps varmint with the triangular barrel and muzzle break yesterday at my local gun store. The funny thing is there is no literature on remingtons website about the gun. Has anybody here seen one or heard about this gun? It was chambered in .223 and has the same stock as the sps varmint only green.

I know it sounds stupid but it's pretty common to see new products long before they appear on company websites.

I wish I could see a picture of the triangular barrel rifles.

I'm intrigued.

$bob$

Are you sure that its not the XCR Tactical?
This rifle comes in 223 Rem, 308 and 300 Win and has a green stock and the triangular fluted barrel.

I bought a magazine yesterday called Remington Buyers Guide. It shows a Model 700 vtr Varmint Target Rifle in the new products for 2008 section. It has a 22" triangular barrel with integral muzzlebrake. It looks to be only available in 223 and 308. The stock looks like a sps varmint stock, but is green.

I like it. I actually think it looks pretty good.

I remember when fluting was all the rage and many expressed the same opinions about that as well. Now fluting is so common that barrel makers are having to do some exotic chopping to stand out.

NEWREM.jpg

Looks, to me, like another marketing ploy for the masses.

Wait till Idaho Preacher gets his IR Camera on it and we'll see what its really like.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.