700 Long Action for Wyatt's 4-inch conversion ?

hemiford

I want to pick up a Rem LA mag boltface action to convert to the Wyatt 4-inch magazine.
At first I thought about finding a used 7mm Mag rifle, or just buy a bare action.

Then it occurred to me, there might be an aftermarket action that would be better suited to this modification.

I welcome any suggestions from folks in the know about doing this.

Are there any custom Rem clone actions that maybe have a longer footprint ?

Mack Brothers is my hands down choice if you are thinking of a 700. Might need to call and see when the next run is, they are in stock off and on. I've built on 5 and all were great. They accept Wyatt's boxes.

I want to pick up a Rem LA mag boltface action to convert to the Wyatt 4-inch magazine.
At first I thought about finding a used 7mm Mag rifle, or just buy a bare action.

Then it occurred to me, there might be an aftermarket action that would be better suited to this modification.

I welcome any suggestions from folks in the know about doing this.

Are there any custom Rem clone actions that maybe have a longer footprint ?
You have gotten excellent action recommendations. What are you trying to build/intended purpose that you feel you need a 4" magazine?

BAT Igniter if a no frills custom action is what you're looking for. Probably less than doing all the work to a 700, especially if you have to buy it.

Thank you gents, I have some reading to do.
Building a 7STW.
I built mine on a Sendero 7RM action with re-chamber to 7STW. Very happy with that conversion. I also bought 5 SPS stainless actions, 2 7-08 and 3 in 300RUM, 300WM and another in 7RM.
These were going to be my next projects prior to stopping all firearm use/building.

Cheers.

Hi People! I have a question, I saw a Remington 700 CDL Stainless Fluted in 7mm Rem. Mag at scheels with a 26" barrel,it had a Green Synthetic Stock that looked like the ones they used before the sell out,it is pure Remington but can not find any info on a CDL with green stock, Pete