7 SAUM BOTTOM METAL FOR LA DEFIANCE TENACITY

I would imagine that Defiance would be able to answer that best. But I do understand that they can be a little hard to get ahold of.

My personal thought would be pretty much anything that is center-feed should work just fine; as I imagine you're running long heavy boolits from your SAUM (otherwise, what's the point?).

With a >/= 180 class bullet seated long, I would think you're pretty close to some SAAMI OALs for standard long action cartridges.

t

Hawkins makes a spacer kit for their long action "hunter" magazines. Takes up some of the extra room and gives you a COAL 3.350. Not sure how far along you are on stock selection and if DBM is something you're after?

HS Precision has had something similar for a long time. You use their long action bottom metal and they have a 6.5x284 magazine that allows for a 3.1" COAL. It will work with a SAUM cartridge. I used this exact setup years ago on a 6.5 SAUM. It'll only hold two rounds (vs. 3 rounds of 6.5x284). This option is nice if you're stuck with a Remington 700 style BDL stock. Sometimes this bottom metal just drops in, sometimes it's minor sanding inside of the stock (out of view, no ugly mods) to get the bottom metal to seat properly.

HS Precision has had something similar for a long time. You use their long action bottom metal and they have a 6.5x284 magazine that allows for a 3.1" COAL. It will work with a SAUM cartridge. I used this exact setup years ago on a 6.5 SAUM. It'll only hold two rounds (vs. 3 rounds of 6.5x284). This option is nice if you're stuck with a Remington 700 style BDL stock. Sometimes this bottom metal just drops in, sometimes it's minor sanding inside of the stock (out of view, no ugly mods) to get the bottom metal to seat properly.

thank you. I have that exact bottom metal in 6.5-284. I'll pull it and check it out in the SAUM. HAPPY HOLIDAY