7 mm stw

ann brezinski

given a factory rifle and good handloads what are your groups at 100 and 200 yards ?do you feel this large of a case is just as good as the 7 mm on the 300 weatherby case for big game at the longer ranges?i saw that bruce baur the gunsmith from the 1000 yard shoots here in pa had a case like the stw but went to a case with a 40 degree shoulder on it for shooting at 1000 yards.also a article in precision shooting had the case built in a hunting rifle.any thoughts on this? thank you for your time. gary b

100yds 3/8 to 1 inch, 200yds 1/2 to 1.25 . yes a dead even tie cause case volume is very similar . Mr Baurs ,a Great Gunsmith and reshaped the case to make it his own idea , and he's been selling and promoting it for years, great for him!. Precision shooting is like the In-Fisherman of our shooting world , cutting edge well written and explained in detail. i'm thinking the article lends exposure ,and knowledge for anyone looking or interested in that field. your Welcome Gary b, and for the record I still own 2 ....7mm-STW'S wonderful round! thks jjmp

I have a model 70 classic and my brother has a savage in 7mmSTW both factory guns. My model 70 will shoot moa with 160 gr Barnes his savage will do better than that with 150gr ballistic tips

I have had more then a few STW' s over the years, and a few of them thought they were target rifles.
I had one that would shoot .10's @ 100, and .089, at 200. Not all the time, but right conditions, me, and the shooting God's aligned, it would give me goose bumps.
Somewhere in the middle of the 7 STW thread, on this site, you will see numerous testimonials, not just mine. Try it, you'll like it.

The STW is an incredible round and as much as I like it I am going to sell it to help pay fo an unbelievable deal that I got. But I will have another STW eventually!

given a factory rifle and good handloads what are your groups at 100 and 200 yards ?do you feel this large of a case is just as good as the 7 mm on the 300 weatherby case for big game at the longer ranges?i saw that bruce baur the gunsmith from the 1000 yard shoots here in pa had a case like the stw but went to a case with a 40 degree shoulder on it for shooting at 1000 yards.also a article in precision shooting had the case built in a hunting rifle.any thoughts on this? thank you for your time. gary b

This is one of the problems with the internet..... Bruce Baer did not put a 40* shoulder on case like the STW. Please do your research before you post inaccurate information.

This is one of the problems with the internet..... Bruce Baer did not put a 40* shoulder on case like the STW. Please do your research before you post inaccurate information.

Joel,

I totally agree! Speaking of doing research, if you do a query in all of the OP's question it is exactly that just a question and no follow-up or action and he's all over the place then move on to another question. Yes, I did a query of all his prior posts. :D

Ed

Last edited:
Joel,

I totally agree! Speaking of doing research, if you do a query in all of the OP's question it is exactly that just a question and no follow-up or action and he's all over the place then move on to another question. Yes, I did a query of all his prior posts. :D

Ed

I know you've brought this up before. Most of us are willing to help and with technical information, but it gets redundant when it's the same thing over and over.
This is the contributing factor to the slow death of these forums. Most have switched over to social media.

I know you've brought this up before. Most of us are willing to help and with technical information, but it gets redundant when it's the same thing over and over.
This is the contributing factor to the slow death of these forums. Most have switched over to social media.

Aye Sir! I too started willing and able to lend a helping hand until I figured out the pattern and like you said, redundant.

Amen brother...

12 shots on this paper, the high one was before zero for that load. the low left three were the barrel warming up (I was shooting faster than on per minute) the other eight are the group in the middle. 100 Yards, factory Rem700 7mm STW. Reloader 33 pushing Berger 180 hunting VLDs.

Attachments

• 20160927_092034.jpg
    20160927_092034.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 121
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.