7 mm saum

270bdl

Hello all, I've been looking at this forum for a while and decided to join. Anyhow, does anyone use a rem 7mm saum? I got one about a month ago and am trying to figure out a load. I'm going to try 140 and 160 gr. nosler partitions. I'm not sure about the powder yet. Any suggestions?

Can't help with load info, but can suggest not to use 140 Nosler Partition. I've had several "blow" on deer size game. The 160 is much better built and has held up well in several rifles. Also, consider several other premium bullets like Barnes, Nosler Accubond, etc.

I shot a deer this year with a 160 pt. with excellent results. It's just that I'm an experimenter and I like to try different loads. I'm also going to try the 150 pt.'s. also. Thanks for the input.

In my 7WSM, my favorite powders have been RL-19 & 22 and WXR with the bullet weights you mention. The 4350's and 4831's work well also. BM

Bill

Ive been shooting 7mm SAUM for over a year now and have found that 59 Gr (Max) of H4831SC works great with 160 Accubonds seated to just short of magazine length.

Very accuate and feeds from magazine. I am very pleaed with the load. With muzzle break this is a very friendly yet powerful combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts