7 mm mag /180grain berger

Originally Posted by WildRose
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.

At the risk of upsetting MudRunner2005 and WildRose, :) my .284 Winchester pushes 180 grain Bergers out at 3003 fps with 53 gr RL 17. It's a little hotter than I'd like for my chamber so it's probably slightly over the limit for my rifle but someone else might find RL 17 useful for their 7mm Mag.

All of my reloading is done for long range, hence posting on a long range forum, there are a couple things that are much more important to me than static close range groups. I've used 7828 a lot but in most things I've gone either h1000 or h4831sc and gotten similar velocities maybe as good of accuracy, where 7828 lets you down is when you try to put cold bore rounds within 1/2 moa of you POI at long range unless your running a temp regression on your ballistics program and have all gear at ambient temps.

Last season I saw a total temp swing of 120 degrees and my point of impact did not move enough to cause me to miss coyotes in the 800+ range THAT is why you see some powders as go to powders on this forum though now through the efforts of many it's barely a mid range forum anymore.

Exactly why i quit using RL-17!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.