7 mm hart magnum

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by ann brezinski, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ann brezinski

ann brezinski Well-Known Member

Does any one own one of these?
    Thinking of building one on a 700 action.hart says they will rechamber a seduro for me.looking for your info before going further on this.
    Gary b

2. ShootnMathews

ShootnMathews Well-Known Member

My friend built a 700 action and Hart barrel w/ brake in a 7mm ultra mag. It's a nail driver. Not sure what the stock is. Shoots one ragged hole at 100 yards. Took him almost a year to get the load right though. I can't really kick him too much, took me 5 months to get the right load for my LRH.

3. ann brezinski

ann brezinski Well-Known Member

Sorry,
    i am talking about the custom cartrige or wildcat 7 mm hart with 40 degree shoulder.
    Gary b

4. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Ann are you talking about the 7x61 Sharp and Hart Magnum?

Very similar in peformance to the 7mm Rem mag/7mm Dakota (between the two) if I remember right.

Had a friend who shot one made by Hart many years ago primarily as an antelope and open country coyote hunter.

It performed extremely well for him.

5. 4bycamper

4bycamper Well-Known Member

It looks like the 7x61 has the same power as the 280 Rem.
    162 sst @ 2900 each.

And the 280 Rem is a whole lot more common if you ever needed to
    buy ammo when you are out of town. lightbulb

Just sayin'

6. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

If it is the 7x61 Sharp & Hart, it is about 5 water gr less capacity than the 7 RM. So more between the 7 RM and 280 or 284, actually, a lot closer to the 7 RM.

7. huntinfool18

huntinfool18 Well-Known Member

I did some work on a 7mm hart that bobby hart built. If its the one your talking about it is basically just a 7mm rem mag ackley improved. It uses 7 rem mag brass and fire form like any other ackley wildcat. He built it around and recommended the 140 nosler btip with 74 gr of rl22 at around 3450+. I also worked up a load with the berger 180vld at 3100+with h1000. Both of these loads were sub 1/4 Moa. I still have the reloading dies I was actually thinkin of building myself one of these for my light weight carry rifle.

8. WildRose

You are correct. Sometimes memory is not what it should be. The only thing worse than getting old is not.

9. WildRose

OK then that must be the one I was remembering vs the S&H.