7 LRM...in Transit

How sweet is that. My 7LRM has been shipped and is waiting for me to pick it up. Sad part is I'm out of town working and won't be home til November. That making a living thing always seems to get in the way.

How sweet is that. My 7LRM has been shipped and is waiting for me to pick it up. Sad part is I'm out of town working and won't be home til November. That making a living thing always seems to get in the way.

I hear you. it was a month sitting in the safe before i could get it out.

Got out to stretch the legs on the new gun and was really happy with the results. Chrono said 3040 so I dialled 11 MOA and shot shot a few groups at 700.

For some reason on the iPad it only allows 1 pic to post at a time. This was my best load consistently. 72 grains of H1000 at COAL of 3.430.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 95
This was my first attempt ever at 1000 yards. Dialled 19.75 MOA. Big difference on impact from 700 to 1000 yards.

Was pretty stoked to hear the report on the gong. Really happy with the rifle and can't wait to get it out this fall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 85
Well after getting the rifle dialed in out to 1000 yards I ended up with a relatively short shot at 236 yards. The bull went 12 yards after the shot and expired. I am using 180 gr berger hybrids. I weighed the bullet after finding it on the off side against the hide (slight quartering shot). There was 82 grains left. All in all i was pretty pleased with the set up overall. Love the rifle. Dream to shoot.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6837.jpg
    IMG_6837.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6838.jpg
    IMG_6838.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6839.jpg
    IMG_6839.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 81
Beautiful rifle. How much does it weigh? How do you like the rifle after you've hunted with it?

Beautiful rifle. How much does it weigh? How do you like the rifle after you've hunted with it?

Thanks Boman. The rifle itself weighs right on the dot at 8lbs. The only thing I might have changed about the rifle is to have maybe went with a #4 barrel vs a #5 contour just to give it a little more balance. Other than that I love it.

Wow that seems pretty light for a #5 barrel. That Manners stock must be light. That paint job is pretty great, was that done by manners or your smith? Seems like a perfect rig. Thanks for posting

Wow that seems pretty light for a #5 barrel. That Manners stock must be light. That paint job is pretty great, was that done by manners or your smith? Seems like a perfect rig. Thanks for posting

Stock is really light. Its carbon fiber, color is elite midnight camo, direct from manners. Weight wise I'm used to packing around a heavier rifle as I have a rem Sendaro. With scope it is 11.5 lbs.

i hope to put it to use a few more times this fall. Im headed out this weekend to an area where we have to hike in 6 to 7 miles along the river breaks. that will be my first real trip packing it any distance. good chance for some longer shots.

I apologize for all the questions. . But..how do you like the rifle compared to the Sendero? I just picked up a sendero. I like it but it is heavy for a hiking/packing rifle. For me the sendero is very shootable because of its weight

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts