6x47 swiss match or 6.5x47

col48

hi all
i have been looking at the 6x47 sm and the 6.5x47 necked down to a 6mm
i know that the 6.5 x 47 has the small primer pockets and small flash hole,and the brass for the 6x47 is from ruag,and you can get the other from lapua.
has anyone played with this chambering,and how did they find them,and do they offer more than the 6mm dasher,IE less case messing about with fire forming and so on.
thanks
Colin

The SM is a logistic PITA as well as costs more (they sure are purty though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...

Take the 6.5 and neck it straight down to 6mm...yes it does better than the dasher velocity wise.

JB

I know of 1 doing well at 1K

1 doing well in testing to at least 700

and a couple others that you should hear about shortly.

There are just not many out there competing right now, but the ones that are, seem to work well.

I will have one to play with soon, and I know several guys from the Williasmsport Club that are building them up for next season.

I really don't think you have to worry...magnum primers and something between R15 and h4350 are just what the Dr. ordered.

JB

hi
i was thinking of having the 6mm dasher as my next chambering,but it looks like this one will do the job with out the messing with the fire forming.
i was looking at a 105g pill maybe about 3000 fps + should make me a good 600y rifle.
thanks
Colin

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.