6X47 lapua staggered feed

blipelt

I am contemplating changing a savage model12 22-250 into a 6X47. does anybody have any experience in feeding problems in a staggered feed on this case?

Brent

They feed well outta my rem 700, my problem is extracting them. halfway out they start to snag. I'm not sure if it's just the shorter case or if the ejector spring is too stiff. Has anyone else had this problem with simular cartridges?

I am contemplating changing a savage model12 22-250 into a 6X47. does anybody have any experience in feeding problems in a staggered feed on this case?

Brent

I built a 6X47 SM years ago right after it first came out. I did it for a guy on a P64 M70.

Feeding was a challenge due to the low case taper. Eventually got it to work right with some fussing. The claw extractor had no issue with getting it out of the pipe so I can't comment there.

Have not seen the Lapua version since it was introduced at the 05 Shot Show. A simple fix if it is indeed a problem might be changing over to a center feed spring loaded mag box. Just about anything will feed with those things.

good luck!

brent

you can feed a 6x47lapua out of a factory bdl mag. or you can use a deachable mag set-up. they feed out of both great. i use the badger m5 but you can use an hs setup as well.

staggered feed

thanks for all the information, I took my 250 out again today and I just can't tear a gun apart when it shoots as well as this one. I will probably just build another. Thanks again

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.