6mmbr feeding

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by shooter65, Dec 6, 2009.

1. shooter65

shooter65 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to get the 6mmbr to feed in an AI mag or for that matter just a regular bdl blind mag?

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Shooter65,

I am building one now and I was advised to epoxy in a single shot follower by a couple guys with quite a bit of knowledge on these. They also said that in a prairie dog shooting frenzy where 10 or more shots are taken in a string, a box of ammo next to the rifle might be just as fast one at a time if you consider the time spent shoving them down in a box mag. Just food for thought.

Jeff

3. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

There is an article on www.6mmbr.com on that very subject. just search the article section .

BH

4. shooter65

shooter65 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  5. lewellan2

lewellan2 Well-Known Member

shorten the follower and the spring base and glue a block in back of the magazine to effectively make a shortened magazine. works well.
    Dano

6. NesikaChad

NesikaChad Well-Known Member

Grunig/Elmiger is a swiss match rifle company that chambers a CISM rifle in 6mmBR.

The magazine is a Sako TRG style with a follower that has a ramp built into the front of the magazine to facilitate feeding. I used to service these gems and they run like a raped ape. The website used to have pretty good photos of how it looked. Not sure anymore as it's been years since I fiddled with one.

Good luck.

Chad