6mm schneider barrel

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by dougy, Dec 30, 2011.

1. dougy

dougy Member

I am looking for someone that can re-bore and re-rifle a Gary Schneider 6mm 1 in 10 twist barrel. I am wanting to re-bore to at least a 7mm but not sure of the twist yet ,originally the barrel was chambered in 6mm mach 4 and has had about 200 rounds down the tube.I talked to Mr. Schneider and he said NO!!!!!!!!!!gun)

2. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

If he said NO, then I'd bet you have a zero chance of barrel modification.

3. rayo9954

rayo9954 Well-Known Member

4. dougy

dougy Member

have you had any work done by them?

5. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

I have had a barrel re-bored by Danny Pedersen at Classic Barrel Works. He did a decent job but did not lap it. It fouls pretty bad. Rock Creek said the would lap it for me. I am getting ready to send it to them for lapping. It shoots decent.

I think it makes a difference as to whether or not the barrel was cut rifled or button rifled. I think Schneider barrels ar button pulled and that is a problem for re-boring. It's ok to re-bore a cut rifled barrel but button rifled is a different story.

Danny may have a way of doing a button pulled barrel with good results, I dont know but you may be better off just getting a new barrel. Re-boring is more geared towards expensive barrels such as corbon wrapped barrel (so long as they are cut rifled).