6mm Remington

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by blong, Dec 19, 2004.

1. blong

blong Member

I am considering buying an older model 700 ADL in 6mm Remington. I do not know much about the 6mm Remington (and I can not find a lot of info on it). I was wondering if these were a short-action cartridge. My friend has a H-S precision sporter stock that he had on a .308 Win. Would this stock work with the 6mm Remington? Thanks in advance.

2. LDO

LDO Well-Known Member

yes they are in a short action-what year is it?-as remington originally manufactured them in 1-12"tw.i can look up the year they changed the twist if you need me to,i cant recall off the top of my head right now-lol-dave

3. Gary Rihn

Gary Rihn Well-Known Member

One of the most accurate factory rifles I ever had was a Rem M700 Varmint Special (older wood stocked version) in 6mm Rem. It was amazing!

(I have since built a semi-custom M700 in 6mm Rem, because I was so impressed with my first one...)

As to the stock, yep, it will fit, and should make for a very nice package.

BTW, first post? Welcome!

4. LDO

LDO Well-Known Member

btw-welcome aboard-dave

5. CatShooter

CatShooter Well-Known Member

If the barrel is marked "6mm Rem", the twist is 1:9" - if the barrel is marked .244 Rem, the twist is 1:12"

CS