6mm remington

I have a 1 in 10 twist Parker Hale 6mm shooting 87grain Berger hunting Vld's. They are wicked mean on deer. Do a search for Eric stecker and you should find the thread. There should be some good info on there.

Well... I have a fast twist 6-284 & a slow twist 6mmAI...:rolleyes: Both are very fun to shoot & serve their intended purpose well & I'm very happy with both.

Running the 107SMK @ 3300+ in the 6-284

Running 85grainers in the 6mmAI @ 3500+ <<< I love shooting jack rabbits with this combo!:D

Your standard 6mm with the heavies should offer better BBL Life (properly treated) albeit, at lesser velocity (still nothing to scoff at).

I initially ran the Shehane tracker on my 6-284. Unless running off of a bench, you are going to hate that stock (I did). Hard to handle in the field, sucks on sticks or bipod & generally too bulky for coyote stands...I don't know if the "varmint" model is different or not...

Just my .002

Last edited:
The Shehane Tracker varmint is quite a bit different than the Tracker ST 1000. Made to shoot off bags or with a bi pod.

I stand corrected!:D Sorry about that, I had submitted the message THEN read the different model lol Foot in mouth moment for me.

Make sure to post a pic for us when you get'er done!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts