• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6mm Remington Ackley, with dies and brass $1000!

Tyler Kemp

Original buyer disappeared. :'(

So here it is again!

What I have is a Savage 110-actioned 6mm Remington Ackley. The action has been trued, and the lugs have been lapped. Has a left-handed bolt face in it because Midway shipped me the wrong part. However, it does extract brass fine, just doesn't eject. I would have put a right handed bolt face in, but this worked even better for me. The 25 MOA base is included, scope and rings are not.

The barrel is a 30" Krieger, with 1-7.5" twist. There are about 200 rounds through it, cleaned every 25-50 rounds after being broken in carefully. It is on the action with no nut, and is .8" at the muzzle.

An SSG "Vaporizer" brake is threaded on the end, these are pretty nice and hard to get now! Recoil on the gun as you can imagine is about nil. The brake is easily removable by hand.

The stock is a Boyd's target/varmint stock, finished very well by the smith who built the gun. Has a front sling stud for a bipod. Which is not included.

It has also been pillar and glass bedded by the smith, looks prettier than any job I've done! :D

The butt has some lead shot in it to balance the gun, it is fairly balanced even for those offhand shots. Weight with scope is about 16-17 pounds depending one what you put on it.

I originally planned on shooting F-Class with this gun (no brake of course), but it doesn't like the 115 DTACs, which are the only bullets I wanted to shoot in it.

It does shoot 95 grain SMK's pretty well, and FAST. 3500 fps+!

However, I did not shoot many of these as I would rather someone else get enjoyment from the barrel, as I am going to college later this fall!

There should be 800-1300 rounds left in the barrel.

The gun will come with a Redding 3-die set, and 100 fireformed brass, some with no firings other than being formed with cream of wheat, some with a couple firings.

I can also send along a couple boxes of 95 grain SMK seconds that I have left if you like, along the rest of the DTACs (I would say at least 300) for $75 extra. I can count if you're interested.

There is a small ding at the bottom of the stock that I tried to capture in the last picture. It is purely cosmetic, not a true "dent" as you can see.

I will pay shipping on this gun, and ship in a hard case as well.

100_2579.jpg

100_2584.jpg

100_2585.jpg

100_2581.jpg

100_2583.jpg