6mm Coyote Rifle

I shoot a 6BRX, it has a 24" 1:8 twist barrel. It shoots 105 Berger VLD at 2900 fps. using 35.4 gr. of H4350 (work up to this load), you can reach those speeds with less grains of Varget.

And if someone would please tell me how to post pictures I can post the 300 yard target I shot a week ago during load development.

It says I'm supposed to press a button that says "manage attachments" but I can't find that button to save my life so please help me because it's frustrating.

-X3M

Ok, here's what my 6BRX with 105 Berger VLD does at 300 yards, 6 mph crosswind. 4 shots went into .350" but one opened the group up to 1".

6BRX300yd.jpg

Thats good shooting. I really want to build a 6mm of some kind next year
I wish Kirby would get back on and tell me the disadvantages of the 6br and 6br. Dan

Glover,

THey are great chamberings. Not overly powerful for the larger 6mm bullets but they do work well and are impressive for their size. Other options that also work great in this class would be the 6mm Dasher and I really like the 6mm-250 which is a bit more then these. All are great.

Velocity is a bit low so in moderate winds, you will get a good amount of drift but they do pretty well for their size.

Main disadvantage to the BRs is that brass may not be around forever. Its already classed as sessional. The 6mmx47 Lapua may be an easier way to go, no fireforming needed and a bit more case capacity to get the velocity your looking for with less pressures.

Thats good shooting. I really want to build a 6mm of some kind next year
I wish Kirby would get back on and tell me the disadvantages of the 6br and 6br. Dan

This might help. This is a comparison between the 6BR, 6BRX, and 6X47 Lapua in the same barrels.

Beginski's New 6mm-6.5x47 Lapua

This is what helped me make up my mind when I built the 6BRX. The 6BRX is more efficient than the 6X47 Lapua. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

Good luck.

-X3M

Still working on the load for my R25 Remington 243. It shoots a large rag hole at 100 with several loads and gets crazy on me with others.. still figuring it out..

However, when it comes to busting yotes .. OMG.. singles are a thing of the past.. I usually bust the yote that hangs up and by the time the other one figures out there is a problem YO, it's too late...

I have a 1 in 9 twist in that R25.. you guys think that 107gr will work with it?? what are you using to push it and how much.. I have been using 62gr vgs from Barnes and it likes them with 47.5 grs of RL19... I have been having trouble with the 85-90 gr balls..

Suggestions are welcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.