6mm build? Which 6mm

matt_3479

Thinking about trying a semi custom budget 6mm build? Benchmark or bartlein barrel, grayboe renegade stock, jewel trigger, pt&g bottom metal, and Remington 700 s/a. Just not sure what caliber to go with. Debating between 6mm creed, 6x47 lapua and 6xc. What do you think for caliber and build parts

6mm Creed is really gathering steam since George Gardner (GA Precision Rifles) got behind it.

If I was building a 6mm it would be the Creed

You didn't list the 243 Win, but it is a ballistic twin to the creed and the brass is widely available and can be had from lapua. I built a Savage in 243 Win based on George Gardner's old snipers cup rifle. Easily half MOA gun and very easy cartridge to reload. I know barrel life is shorter than the 6BR or XC though.

You didn't list the 243 Win, but it is a ballistic twin to the creed and the brass is widely available and can be had from lapua. I built a Savage in 243 Win based on George Gardner's old snipers cup rifle. Easily half MOA gun and very easy cartridge to reload. I know barrel life is shorter than the 6BR or XC though.

Of Course the good ole .243, with the great brass and the new 108gr missile, a definite long range round

glad its not my decision I'm still having my affair with the 6.5 Creedmoorgun)

6X47. Better case, tougher brass and says Lapua on the end.
Honestly anyone saying that any of the 3 is VASTLY superior to the other is full of beans. I would rank them as the 47, Creed, XC. Someone else may flip that ranking and I wouldn't say they were nuts.
All 3 will do the same thing, with the same pluses and same minuses.
Maybe fun to debate on but flip a 3 headed coin and anyway it comes up will be a winner.

6X47. Better case, tougher brass and says Lapua on the end.
Honestly anyone saying that any of the 3 is VASTLY superior to the other is full of beans. I would rank them as the 47, Creed, XC. Someone else may flip that ranking and I wouldn't say they were nuts.
All 3 will do the same thing, with the same pluses and same minuses.
Maybe fun to debate on but flip a 3 headed coin and anyway it comes up will be a winner.

100% agree

Lapua is starting to run 6.5 Creedmore brass with the small primer, should be epic!

I personally like the 6 Dasher above all, a lot of PRS shooters are moving to it as well, speed, accuracy and barrel life!

I'm mainly in a toss up about the 6x47 lapua and 6mm creedmoor! The 6xc would be last of the 3. The 6x47 has always interested me, good strong brass, short case allowing to seat bullets out in a mag. The 6mm creed has a major fan base and must be for good reason, lapua is going to be making brass, little more case capacity, long neck keeps me going back.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.