6mm BR load data.

joseph floerke

About to finish up a 6mmbr for a dog hunt in the spring what loads have yall figured best, i have some blc2 and allot of sierra bk on the way.
Thanx.

berger 105s (hybrid or VLD) with 30-30.5 gns of varget shoot like a house on fire through mine...SMK 107s shoot great too with 29.7 gns about .010 off. I also shoot the berger 88 flat backs with 31.5 gns or so of varget but in my gun you gotta jam em as they are finicky about seating depth, but once you find the sweet spot they are very accurate too with better velocity obviously. Those should tear em up pretty good.

Thanx guys yes im shooting 70 at p dogs but will load a few heavy bergers for long range plinking and shooting some deer.

I would tell you pretty much the same as the rest. A stout load of Varget with 105 Vld's, or 107 Smk's have always shot well in all of my 6 Br's. I have had really great accuracy with 70-75 gr bullets with H322. Mine have 1-7 & 1-8 twist barrels. Benchmark & Re 15 are good powders to look at too. - Just like the heavier bullets more for reaching way out there:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.