6mm Akley Project has started

wildcat

Well, the parts have been ordered and the project has been officially started. I was originally going to use a Remington 700 action with a Speedy Sleeve, however, I changed my mind and went all out. Here are the rifle specs;

1. Caliber-6mm Remington Ackley Improved
2. Acition-Nesika Model K, 1.470 Dia. Right Port/Right Bolt with Tacticle Knob
3. Barrel- Krieger 28", 1.250 for 5" tappered to 1.00 at the muzzle, 1-12 twist.
4. Holland Muzzle Brake
4. Stock-McMillan A-5, Color is Black, with ADJ length of pull and thumbwheel cheek piece
5. Jewell Trigger-2oz
6. Davidson custom base with 20 MOA added
7. Kelby 30MM Rings
9. Topped with a Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS

I have not decided if I am going to Teflon Coat the action and barrel. This rifle is going to be used for long range, 500 to 1000 yards, varmint and coyote hunting. So, I am not worried about the little vermin spotting me. I will be well hidden when hunting coyote's, and squirrels don't really seem to care. Let me know if you guys think I should go all black. If you have pictures of projects, please post them so maybe I can get an idea. Thanks, Wildcat.

Good luck with your gun wildcat.I already told you Im doing a similar setup.It'll be built on a Borden Alpine (anxiously awaiting to see these actions).This gun is a praire dog gun and most towns close by where we do most of our shooting are limited to point blank to about 400-500 yds.,with most in the 100-300 range.I also ordered a Timberline from Jim that will eventually be the foundation for a 338-300.
Both these guns have to wait,Ive got a 300 SAUM Sendero project going on now that seems to be taking forever to come together (not the reamer Kirby,the barrel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).The Sendero is just sitting in my reloading room waiting for its make over,so the way its going the 6mm might not be shooting until next spring.I'll be too busy playing with the SAUM at the range and dog towns this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ThankS, B64. I can't wait until she is finished. I am thinking August 2006. I will let everyone know how she shoots.

Your going to like it my antelope rifle is a 6mmAI has a 1/10 twist for the 95gr bullets. Well good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.