6mm-284

huntinfool18

what would this round be good for? it kinda a bench gun.
specs:
27" lilja heavy varmint bbl
mcmillian tooly mbr stock
blueprinted rem 700 shortaction
2oz trigger
leupold m4 4.5-14X50
i dont know if this gun will be to heavy to do anything but shoot off a bench with.
how much do most of the long range rigs weight that you guys use? thanks huntinfool18

I have been killing deer and hogs with mine. Its almost the same as you list except it has a 26 in kreiger and a 20 oz trigger.

d-a

You can use it for what ever you want with the right bullets. I have shot tons of deer with mine rabbits, fox, crows, and yotes to. I was going to use it for my cow elk until the Grizz decide to stay out and play. Then I figured I better pack the 300win. Mine is a 27inch #6 Hart 9twist on a REM 700 LA with a HS stock. The rifle weighs about 13lbs ready to go. I use the 105 Berger for every thing.

If its got an 8twist barrel you got a great long range critter getter!! If its got a slow twist you got a super "RED MIST" applicator.
This old bench gun makes 750 yard prairie dogs too easy.With the 105-7 Berger's and Sierra's you don't wonder if you hit them=you know,sends them flipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Make a good stand gun for lopers or deer too!They call it a bench gun but shoots off the ground great too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Barrel life is on the short side but used sparingly it will last you good long time.

6-284.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.