6mm-284

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huntinfool18, Dec 25, 2006.

1. huntinfool18

huntinfool18 Well-Known Member

what would this round be good for? it kinda a bench gun.
    specs:
    27" lilja heavy varmint bbl
    mcmillian tooly mbr stock
    blueprinted rem 700 shortaction
    2oz trigger
    leupold m4 4.5-14X50
    i dont know if this gun will be to heavy to do anything but shoot off a bench with.
    how much do most of the long range rigs weight that you guys use? thanks huntinfool18

2. 1doug

1doug Well-Known Member

I have been killing deer and hogs with mine. Its almost the same as you list except it has a 26 in kreiger and a 20 oz trigger.

d-a

3. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I would get an heavier trigger and use it for coyote callin and deer hunting.

4. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

Id have a ball in a p'dog town then rechamber it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. dakor

dakor Well-Known Member

You can use it for what ever you want with the right bullets. I have shot tons of deer with mine rabbits, fox, crows, and yotes to. I was going to use it for my cow elk until the Grizz decide to stay out and play. Then I figured I better pack the 300win. Mine is a 27inch #6 Hart 9twist on a REM 700 LA with a HS stock. The rifle weighs about 13lbs ready to go. I use the 105 Berger for every thing.

6. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

The question is the twist. That is going to control what you can or cannot do with it as far as bullets.

7. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

If its got an 8twist barrel you got a great long range critter getter!! If its got a slow twist you got a super "RED MIST" applicator.
    This old bench gun makes 750 yard prairie dogs too easy.With the 105-7 Berger's and Sierra's you don't wonder if you hit them=you know,sends them flipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Make a good stand gun for lopers or deer too!They call it a bench gun but shoots off the ground great too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    Barrel life is on the short side but used sparingly it will last you good long time.

[​IMG]