6mm/243 wildcats?

6-Short Mag, I love my 6-284's but my 6-Short Mag out shoots the ones I own. It's a 270 Winchester short mag case necked down to 6mm. I took a Remington action, Jewel trigger, 32" Creager barrel straight tapered down to .750, chambered tight necked and built around a Berger 95gr VLD. I'm shooting 64gr of reloader 25 with the bullet seated in the lands. This load shoots 3625 fps. Zeroed at 100 yards it it requires 16.50 MOA elevation at 1000 yds, and shoots a 7" group at 1000. It has to be my favorite but long barrel life wont be one of its strong points.

Thesteeleboy;...This load shoots 3625 fps. Zeroed at 100 yards it it requires 16.50 MOA elevation at 1000 yds said:
but long barrel life wont be one of its strong points[/B].

LMAO!! Understatement of the century! lol But seriously, that sounds awesome... something about overbore cartridges that gets my attention...

You guys forgot to mention the 6BRX which is a 6MM Norma BR. with the shoulder moved out about 1/10" by fire forming the 6MM Norma BR. case. It is as accurate as the Norma BR. but gives you a couple hundred FPS faster with the Berger 105 gr. VLDs.

What is nice is that both rounds you do not need to turn the necks to get competitive accuracy and you use the same dies for both. You just have to adjust them longer for the BRX. And you get about the same barrel life out of the 6BRX as the 6mm Norma BR.

When my 6mm Norma BR. starts to loose accuracy I'll have it rechambered to a BRX.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=564977&highlight=

joseph

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.