6mm 105 and 107grn Bullets, which one would you use for varmiting

wildcat

Hey everyone, I am having a 6x284 built with a Nesika Action and Krieger 30", 1-8.5 twist, 4 groove barrel. Trying to get info regarding best bullet for long range varminting.

Out of the 105 and 107grn bullets, which one would you use for varminting out to 600 to 1000 yards.

Wildcat

I would go with berger 105 vld, I'm just a berger fan so you probably shouldn't listen to me since I don't have a 6x284.

Thanks Mikebob, I might try those too. I am hoping to get a good amount of replies, so I can get a fix on which one would be the best for long range varminting.

Wildcat

Wind effect on that light a bullet is going to be significant.

I realize that people shoot out at those ranges with light bullets, but here in Central Washington it would be tough because of that wind.

Good luck!!!

Bill

Hello,

I have two favorites in 6mm 105 A-max for deverstating expantion with good accuracy and BC.
Berger 115 VLD varying expantion, on small vermin targets very lightly to only drill a 6mm hole! but awsome 1000yard performance with its superb accuracy and BC.

My 115's travel at 2961fps in a 8twist barrel your 8.5 twist may not work????

I no you said 105 ,107 but had to mention the 115 as it shoots great for my gun!

Regards
Gerald

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts