It's a LSR built
Stiller Diamondback right bolt left port drop port
Broughton 27" 5C
Macmillan Sako varmint stock
M4 8.5-25
107 SMK @ 2850

Neck shot

The rifle is a live varmint / casual match (G-hog) / deer cull within reason

Perfect! Thanks. That is awesome velocity from a 107 smk in a 6br. May I ask what powder? I shoot the 107's in my 6br with RL15 but I am about 75 fps under that from a 28" Kreiger. Have you shot any deer with the 107's in the broiler room? Just wondering about the performance of the bullet on game. I took a yote ay 653 yds and the bullet passed through him long ways. I think they are going to be pretty good on medium sized game to 700. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Jeff

Perfect! Thanks. That is awesome velocity from a 107 smk in a 6br. May I ask what powder? I shoot the 107's in my 6br with RL15 but I am about 75 fps under that from a 28" Kreiger. Have you shot any deer with the 107's in the broiler room? Just wondering about the performance of the bullet on game. I took a yote ay 653 yds and the bullet passed through him long ways. I think they are going to be pretty good on medium sized game to 700. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Jeff

I'm running 30.6 grains of Varget I tried 15 and couldnt get it to shoot as good as Varget. R-15 is known to give a little better FPS. It seems like these are the two powders often used with the heavy bellets.

The 107's are on the tough side they dont open great at long range on small animals like G-Hog and Fox but are accurate as all hell and get the job done. The longest hog so far was 725 yards and I took a fox at 670 both had about a nickle to quarter size exit. Most of the deer I shoot are crop damage and get neck shot. The ones I shot in the boiler room were between 3-500 yads with mixed results but recovered. At times I think I'm asking alot from a little cartridge. I took a nice buck 2 years ago head on at a little over 500 and put it in the pocket between the chest and shoulder good damage and the deer went about 60 yards. I've also pushed the limit and beyond as far as I'm concerned Ive taken two over 750 and feel this is way to far for this combo. got one on video at 780. All I can say is I wont do it again unless it is in the middle of a large open field with no standing corn in sight

I'm running 30.6 grains of Varget I tried 15 and couldnt get it to shoot as good as Varget. R-15 is known to give a little better FPS. It seems like these are the two powders often used with the heavy bellets.

The 107's are on the tough side they dont open great at long range on small animals like G-Hog and Fox but are accurate as all hell and get the job done. The longest hog so far was 725 yards and I took a fox at 670 both had about a nickle to quarter size exit. Most of the deer I shoot are crop damage and get neck shot. The ones I shot in the boiler room were between 3-500 yads with mixed results but recovered. At times I think I'm asking alot from a little cartridge. I took a nice buck 2 years ago head on at a little over 500 and put it in the pocket between the chest and shoulder good damage and the deer went about 60 yards. I've also pushed the limit and beyond as far as I'm concerned Ive taken two over 750 and feel this is way to far for this combo. got one on video at 780. All I can say is I wont do it again unless it is in the middle of a large open field with no standing corn in sight

Very good, that helps me out. I will keep it under 700 for deer.

Thanks
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.