670 yard Mule Deer

Great job all the way around, Congrats!

I've chukar hunted most of Idaho and all I could think of during the first minute of the video was, "**** that's going to be an all day and half the night job just to get over there and get the first load of meat out". HA! gun)

Yeah, the pack out was worse than I thought it would be! But the pain lessens with every passing day :)

For those of you who wondering about the camera, I was using a JVC Camcorder (Model No: GZ-HM35BU). It's not an expensive camcorder, but it is very small and light, which is why I am willing to pack it all over creation! It has a 40x optical zoom, which allows for some longer range recording. Of course, the camera was mounted on a tripod.

Yeah, the pack out was worse than I thought it would be! But the pain lessens with every passing day :)

For those of you who wondering about the camera, I was using a JVC Camcorder (Model No: GZ-HM35BU). It's not an expensive camcorder, but it is very small and light, which is why I am willing to pack it all over creation! It has a 40x optical zoom, which allows for some longer range recording. Of course, the camera was mounted on a tripod.
That's some amazing video quality at that range without specialized telephoto equipment.

I made my first Idaho chukar hunt when I was 40 years old. I'm getting a knee and ankle overhauled this month so I may be able to make one more... . gun)

Congrats again.

Wildrose - Idaho chukar country is tough no matter how young you are! If you can pull it off after a knee and ankle overhaul, then you are an animal! Hells Canyon is aptly named :)

hey what is your take on your monarch scope, do you think it has repeatable accurate adjustments? I have a 4-16 monarch and I believe mine is repeatable for the most part I havent done extensive testing with it yet, I was curious what your experience with yours has been.

Yes, my Monarch has repeatable accurate adjustments. When I dial in my windage and elevation, it seems to hit where it should :)

Wildrose - Idaho chukar country is tough no matter how young you are! If you can pull it off after a knee and ankle overhaul, then you are an animal! Hells Canyon is aptly named :)
Yep. I'd heard for years "The first time you go chukar hunting it is for fun. From then on it's for revenge". It didn't take me long to figure it out.

I thought I was ready for it having spent a month hunting The Quilomene in WA the year before but Brownlee, Weiser, Payette, and Hell's Canyon were real eye openers HA! After the first three days I thought I was going to die but six weeks later after hunting 5.5 days a week I was ready to hunt, kill, skin, and eat grizzlies with sharp sticks!

I have a really good friend in Boise who words for the parks and forest services up there as a geologist so if you ever need a good contact let me know. He's not a big game hunter but definitely knows where the best places to go are.

Again, congrats on your success.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts