60 grain partition load help.

ogallala_1

I am having terrible luck try to get the 60 grain partition or the 53 grain x bullet to shoot in my 220 swift imp or my 22-250 improveds. Any one have a suggestion or a load i can try? Both guns shoot the 55 grain sp, v-max, or bt great just not these hunting bullets. I want to shoot my antelope with one of the three rifles but cant get them to group. thanks for any help in advance.

John

I have had good results with both in my 220 swift using H-4831 For me the 53 Barnes shoots better than the 60 Partition. You might also consider RL-22 for your improved swift. What kind of accuracy are you looking for? If you want one hole groups you might be SOL but if you can live with 3/4"-1" groups you should not have to work too hard to find a load.

I think if i could get them to 3/4 of an inch I would be very happy andd it should work great for antelope.

Thanks for your help John

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.