6.5x55

I love the 6.5's so you won't hear much negative from me. I tailor my bullet selection to the distance I shoot for all my calibers so the 6.5 isn't being singled out by me! :)

Regarding the A-max's, it just depends on the impact velocity. I limit use to around 2600 fps and below and I haven't had any issues. For closer shots I carry a 2nd bullet that shoots very close to the same POI and will hold together at higher impact velocities.

Scot E.

I was talking in general about the .308 and 6.5 critics. I have a Model Seven with a 20" tube and I'm wondering of that'd be a good bullet for me since I will probably struggle to to 2700-2800 fps. I was thinking about trying the 123 gr in my .260.

thanks all for the insight, wanted a .308 but was warned of them as a new shooter can form bad habits (flinching). And have since learnt that the 6.5 seems to be a better long distance round.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.