• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6.5x55 Swede For Sale or Trade

broncos87

For sale is a custom 6.5x55 Swede on a Savage/Stevens action. Received this thorugh a friend who needed a bow for hunting and did not have any cash so I traded him a brand new Mathews Z7 Magnum Completly set up for this rig. Shot it a few times and really dont know what use I will get out of it so I decided to see if there was anyone out there that may want this one.

The rifle is as follows:

A Stevens 200 was purchased brand new for the donor action. From there the new action was sent to Stockade(www.stockadegunstocks.com) for the custom build.

It has a 24" Benchmark stainless steel medium weight varmint barrel.

The action has been trued and lugs lapped.

An SSS(/www.sharpshootersupply.com) heavy recoil lug and SSS adjustable trigger were installed. Trigger is set around 1.5lbs and is very crisp and clean.

A Stockade custom tactical bolt handle was installed and trigger/bolt was timed.

The stock is a Stockade Unpainted Elk Stalker thumbhole stock. It has an aluminum bedding block and has the action is bedded in stainless steel bedding compound. Currently the paint is just camo krylon tan with splatter web. It can easly be sanded and repainted any color. Opted for that option in case I changed my mind with color instead of having it epoxy painted.

Topped with a DeadNutz one piece mount.

Stockade guarantees .5 MOA out to 300 yards(1.5" group @ 300yards) with there rifles.

They tested it at the shop and acheived it with the first load of 120 Nosler over 40gr Varget.

My first trip to the range yeilded a 5 shot group at .25"(pic) with 120 MK. Their Nosler loads is a .5 MOA load @ 300 yards.

Only 200 rounds through it and always cleaned and lubed.

The gun is light, around 8lbs, and recoil is very mild like a .243/7-08. Excellent condition.

I have a Redding 3 die set and a bunch of components with it. @ or 3 boxes of Factory ammo, bunch of brass and several I believe 15 handloads left to take it to the range immediately. I will also supply all load data I have for several load developments I did since I had the rifle.

Originally there was over $1300 in gunsmithing costs and the stock.

Action cost $200.

With all the reloading components there is well over $1500 invested in the rifle.

Would like to get $1000 for everything or trade of equal value.

This rifle is perfect for all north american game. The 6.5 Swede is claimed to have taken more moose in Sweden, Norway and Finland than our .30-06. Europe still considers it one of the top competition cartridges.

Reason for trade or sell is simply no use for this one. Fun to play with but have other rifles that I use currently and dont want to just sit it in the safe to gather dust.

Outside of PA needs to be FFL to FFL.

If inside PA I would gladly let you see and try before you buy my range or yours.

g5_zps14f3fab2.jpg

g_zpsfdf28c1e.jpg

g1_zps22c29848.jpg

g2_zps7ac28cb8.jpg

g4_zpsbd6cb1f6.jpg

g3_zps9ba3d085.jpg

g6_zps1b20faa4.jpg

Forgot to add if there are any questions or different angles other pictures that you would like please let me know and I can take those and post. The scope is not included on this rifle.

Thanks for looking.

What would you like for a trade? I have a 270 remington with a leupold v11 4x12x40, remington 20 gauge, T/C encore 300 win. with a leupold vx11 3x9x40.

preston,

I have 2 offers right now and I am working through one right now and shold know by the end of the weekend on their decision. As soon as I do that I will update you if that is ok. What part of VA are you from I live in PA but I work in VA up by Dulles.

Thanks

I live in Martinsville, Va. I work for the Sheriffs Office here in Martinsville. I have 1 6.5x55 already that custom made here in Martinsville, they are good shooting rifle if put together right.

Something everybody forgets to mention when talking about the 6.5x55 Swedish round, the published reloading recipes, are meant for the Swede and other old military actions....NOT a modern firearm.

This round is a SLEEPER because of this.

When everybody was buying, building, and begging for 6.5x284 or 284 brass, I built a 6.5x55 AI with Lapua brass. My results - 140 gr bullet at 3050.

FYI - Lapua 6.5x55 and 223 are THE most inexpensive Lapua brass to purchase.

Kevin Rayhill is the owner and builder of stockade guns and stocks. He does a wonderful job. He build a fabulous rifle for a reasonable price. I have a 7wsm he built that is a wonderful shooter. 7 inch group at 1140 yards. I would recommend him and his guns very highly.

Any interest in a Remington 1100 Sporting 28 in a factory case plus some cash on my part. Gun is like new, with Brileys .

Preston,

Yeah I am just getting around to it. I got sent out of town for work and just got back this morning been extremly busy but just getting through e-mails and back on here again sorry for the delay. i will get back to you as soon as I can. I did see the pics. just need to follow up on a few things before I can get my head clear:) Work never stops!