6.5X55 Scandinavian

ebd10

OK, I have a dilemma; I have a 700 LA donor action that I want to build. One of the calibers I've been considering is the 6.5X55, but I can't find any load data on it that is specifically for modern rifles. The plan is to get a Brux #5 fluted, an HS Precision stock, and have the rest tuned and accurized. It will be a hunting rifle for out to 800 yards. So, this will be a good, strong action built by a professional. However, if I can't find the load data to make it worthwhile, I may have to re-think my caliber choice. I like the 6.5X55 as I've got an old Mauser that shoots like a champ. I just figured that I could do better with a modern rifle.

Anyhow, when it comes to expertise, I figure the people here are full of it :)

Thoughts?

Will be soon loading for my shooting partners tikka T3 varmint. We plan to use typical load data as a start and move up until we see some pressure then back off. I had to use the same process for my 260AI, using standard 260 data. I'm anticipating, from info recieved from others that it should come very close or meet the 260AI I have already.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.