6.5X300WBY

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by hank shaper, Jan 5, 2007.

1. hank shaper

hank shaper Well-Known Member

I have a new toy, a 6.5x300WBY. All the reloading data that I can find lists the older powders (h1000, 7828,5010 to name a few), not a bad thing. Does anyone have any data for some of the newer powders like Retumbo,RL 22 and 25 or others? I will be shooting Scirocco 130gr. or TXS 120gr. I would be interested in any 6.5 STW data as it is close to the same capacity.

2. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

I would find a book with the 264WM data that includes a powder you have used and one you want to use. Find the ratio for the powder you use ie 50gr in the WM to 60gr in your gun and then get the WM data for the powder you want to try and convert it to your gun, reduce a little and give it a shot. If you reference a powder burn rate chart you can use that as a sanity check.

3. Budman

Budman Well-Known Member

4. 264MAG

264MAG Member

I'm currently shooting a 6.5/300 Weatherby. I'm shooting 139gr Scenars with 50BMG powder. I will have to check how much powder and the velocity. I will post that tommorow, Stan

5. hank shaper

Guys, thanks for all the input!!! I am going to the range tomorrow to try a couple of loads. I look forward to your different experiences/experiments. Get back to ya' with my results.

6. toddconley

toddconley Well-Known Member

Where did you get it? I used to know where there was one at. Who built the one you have?

7. hank shaper

Todd, I've got a buddy who is a retired smith. He did some gun plumbing for the US Olympic Team. I still have not made it to the range yet, been windy here in TX. Give you guys some results as soon as I get em.