6.5X300WBY

hank shaper

I have a new toy, a 6.5x300WBY. All the reloading data that I can find lists the older powders (h1000, 7828,5010 to name a few), not a bad thing. Does anyone have any data for some of the newer powders like Retumbo,RL 22 and 25 or others? I will be shooting Scirocco 130gr. or TXS 120gr. I would be interested in any 6.5 STW data as it is close to the same capacity.

I would find a book with the 264WM data that includes a powder you have used and one you want to use. Find the ratio for the powder you use ie 50gr in the WM to 60gr in your gun and then get the WM data for the powder you want to try and convert it to your gun, reduce a little and give it a shot. If you reference a powder burn rate chart you can use that as a sanity check.

I'm currently shooting a 6.5/300 Weatherby. I'm shooting 139gr Scenars with 50BMG powder. I will have to check how much powder and the velocity. I will post that tommorow, Stan

Guys, thanks for all the input!!! I am going to the range tomorrow to try a couple of loads. I look forward to your different experiences/experiments. Get back to ya' with my results.

Todd, I've got a buddy who is a retired smith. He did some gun plumbing for the US Olympic Team. I still have not made it to the range yet, been windy here in TX. Give you guys some results as soon as I get em.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.