6.5x284norma dies

Driller54

Help me out with the most simple 6.5x284norma dies. Got a new rifle and needing some dies. Also does it Matter that the dies say win on them I didn't think it did but I could be wrong?

haven't run across 6.5 x 284 NORMA. I think I still have a set of 6.5 x 284 Win Dies. If so, I'll PM you with info.

Rick

Me either. My next set of dies for the 284 will be custom made if I keep this chambering. Mine say WIN on them as well, but they work well. I mainly neck size anyway so it probably does not matter. I would rather body size and neck size separately.

The parent case for this wildcat was the 284 Win, hence the 6.5x284 Win designation on some dies. When Norma standardized the case and began offering cases and ammo, it was their prerogative to name the "new" cartridge. 6.5x284 Norma. Dies should be the same, either way.

Ran into a bit of. A snag with some dies from hornady (purchased from an outstanding member of the site) seating die body was to short for my lee press so I called hornady with my problem and the fantastic folks sent me a new one. Back in business!! Hornady thanks a ton

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.